Whenever you are making a recipe, and you are trying to follow the cooking instructions which are giving in the cooking book, then you have to take care of the measurements.
Don’t ever get confused between the fluid ounces and dry ounces because there is a big difference between these two units.
Fluid ounces is the unit of volume whereas Dry Ounces is the measurement of the weight.
When you are adding any liquid to the recipe, then you have to keep in mind fluid ounces.
Now, how many ounces are in half a gallon?
The answer is simple; there is 64 oz in half a gallon. Always keep in mind that ounces are denoted by symbol “oz” whereas fluid ounces are denoting by symbol “fl oz.”
Now let us measure cups in a gallon so
- 1 cup is equal to the 8 ounces
- 2 cups are similar to the 16 ounces
- 4 cups are comparable to the 32 ounces
- 8 cups are identical to the 64 ounces that make the half gallon
- 16 cups are equal to the 128 ounces that make 1 gallon
- In the simple words, 16 cups of water make up to the one gallon.